Saturday, May 12, 2012

Vintage Nightstand Redo

Pin It

While helping a friend with her master bedroom update we were both on the prowl for new nightstands.  We looked through a million websites and catalogs and stores. We found a lot of them that would "work" but nothing that really excited us.  We were on a budget and weren't really interested in buying new.  We decided we'd take our time and find just what we wanted. 

One night while on Craigslist, I spotted two matching antique walnut nightstands.  They had an amazing shape but a dark, dated finish and boring hardware.  I think the seller only wanted $60 or so for the pair.  The nighstands had just been posted a few minutes before I saw the ad. I was so excited I couldn't stand it!  I called the seller right away to see when I could pick them up.  The seller told me they had just been sold.  SOLD? SOLD!?? I wanted to cry.

As soon as I hung up my phone rang.  It was my friend Sue.  She told me she'd just found the perfect nightstands on Craigslist.  I described the nightstands to see if they were the ones I'd just seen.  They were.  I sadly told her they'd just barely sold.  When she told me she was the one who'd just bought them I about died.  What luck!  I'd get to refinish them after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment