Monday, May 14, 2012

Thrift Store/Yard Sale Finds

Pin It After 15 years of marriage and a very long stint (I won't embarrass myself by telling you exactly how long) in college, we finally bought our first home 3 years ago.  We'd been poor college students for so long we really didn't have any furniture when we moved in.  When we left grad school in Oregon, we quickly realized the amount the moving company wanted to charge to move our furnishings to Arizona was waaaaay more than our hand me down furniture was worth.  We happily gave it to remaining students and what they didn't want went to the dump.

When we finally got the keys to our new house, I was excited because it was finally ours. The kids loved it because I let them roller skate around the living and dining room with their friends. The floors are all tile (except the bedrooms) and we had no furniture to get in the way. They'd crank up the stereo and had their own roller skating rink.  After a while, my sweet mother-in-law brought down her folding camp chairs so we'd have someplace to sit while watching television.

In the past three years, I've hit every yard sale, thrift store and neighborhood cleanup pile west of the Mississippi and finally have enough furniture to live comfortably and I can proudly say I didn't pay full price for any of it. 

Here are a few of my favorite finds

I found this mid-century modern set at Goodwill.  My heart skipped a beat when I saw it.  Its in near mint condition and is from the super collected Broyhill Sculptra Supriem line.  These are crazy popular right now. It doesn't really go with the rest of my house but I love love love this style.  I'm posting it on Craigslist today.  Any profit will go towards this
World Market Photo

I'm in love with this set.  I think I'd add a different style of chair for the two end chairs though. My kitchen table is terrible.  Its completely falling a part.  Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment